To make our Faith Formation programs successful, we need many volunteers! There are many different volunteers roles within the office – something for everyone!
Children’s Faith Formation
- To learn more about volunteering with our prek-5th grade traditional classroom model of faith formation, check out our “Be a Catechist!” brochure.
- Follow this link to sign up to volunteer with Children’s Faith Formation, or contact Megan Gibson at email@example.com or 703-860-6156.
- Click here to learn more about volunteering with our middle school (6th-8th grade) faith formation program.
- Follow this link to sign up to volunteer with the Rooted Program, or contact Angela Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 390-2345.
High School Youth Ministry
- Our high school (9-12th grade) youth ministry is in need of volunteers for the following events:
- Weekend youth group (on-going volunteer)
- Chaperones for retreats, day trips, etc (one-time volunteer)
- Salesian Mass (on-going or one-time volunteer)
- Service events, such as Work Camp (on-going or one-time volunteer depending on event)
- For more information or to volunteer, contact Eric Munoz at email@example.com or (703) 860-6141.
Adapted Religious Education (ARE)
- The ARE program at SJN is for elementary age to adults. To learn more about the program, visit the ARE page.
- For more information or to volunteer, contact George Dellagiarino at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 476-4078.
- There is often much to do in the ‘background’ of the Faith Formation Office, especially at the start of the school year! If you are interested in helping during office hours (M-F, 9am to 4pm), contact Silvia Bustamante at email@example.com or (703) 390-2348.
All adults who wish to volunteer with the Faith Formation Office must be Child Protect Compliant. The Arlington Diocese requires all adult volunteers who work with children and teens to complete a background check and VIRTUS training provided by the Diocese.
- You can access the Child Protect background check information here.
- You can sign up for a VIRTUS training here.
Can teens and college-age young adults help out?
Absolutely! Teens and college-age young adults (especially those who have previously been or currently in a faith formation program at SJN) are welcome to help out with a grade at least four years below their current age. (For example: if a 10th grader would like to be a catechist, he or she can volunteer with 6th grade and below.) Only those 18 and over need to be Child Protect compliant (see above).