Welcome to the SJN Confirmation Program for Teens. In general, we begin preparing for Confirmation in the spring of 8th grade for all teens who are eligible for and desire to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Sacrament is then celebrated in the fall of 9th grade.
Information for the upcoming Confirmation Preparation Program was sent by mail in late March 2020 for all eligible teens. Please contact Angela Davis (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Below is information for those who are registered in the Confirmation prep program this year and are planning to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the fall of 2020!
Many of the dates listed in the original “Save the Date” have been updated due to current public health concerns, please check for updates regularly. Should events or meetings need to be rescheduled, that information will be sent out by email and updated here.
Important Information and Updates
Retreat – The retreat is almost here! All candidates MUST attend a retreat in full to be eligible for the Sacrament of Confirmation. This retreat will incorporate the “Gathered Prep Session” and the “Interviews” which were originally lists on the Save-the-Date.
Retreat nights will be held in-person with social distancing. Each youth must come with the follow:
- A properly worn mask (must be worn for the entire retreat)
- A completed diocesan waiver (this form is required by the diocese for all in-person events and will cover the retreat, the rehearsal, and the celebration of Confirmation)
- Working knowledge of the information found in the questions from the Bishop.
- An answer to the question: Which of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit (found in the Bishop question document) do you feel you can best live in your life right now?
Rehearsal – Rehearsals will be held as planned on November 5. Every teen MUST attend the correct rehearsal and be accompanied by their sponsor or a parent.
- 5:45pm-7:00pm – Those being Confirmed at the 10:00am Mass (last names beginning with A-K)
- 7:15pm-8:30pm – Those being Confirmed at the 1:30pm Mass (last names beginning with L-Z)
Celebration of Confirmation – Confirmation will remain as scheduled except that the afternoon Mass will be Celebrated at 1:30pm instead of 2:00pm. The following are important details to note:
- The morning Mass will begin at 10:00am (for teens with last names beginning with A-K)
- The Afternoon Mass will begin at 1:30pm (for teens with last names beginning with L-Z)
- Teens and sponsors should arrive at the church 45 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
- Properly worn face masks will be required by all present.
- Families will be limited to six attendees including the teen candidate and their sponsor. Please let us know if you will have less than six in your party, this will assist us in creating the safest possible seating assignments.
Important Links and General Info:
Click the icon button to view the Save the Date, which lists all the required events, meetings, and preparation. Please be aware that some of these have changed. See the newsletters and the information above for updates.
Click the icon button to see brief and in-depth overviews of each module.
Click the icon button for instructions on how to complete the online Candidate Commitment Form.
Click the icon button for the access code and instructions for setting up your module learning login to Called to Mercy.
Click the icon button to complete the Saint Name Form (this should be completed AFTER completing the 5th module in Called to Mercy)
SPONSORS: Click the icon button for the access code and instructions for setting up your module learning login to Called to Mercy. These modules will assist you with accompanying your teen through this process of preparation.
Click the icon button to study the questions given to us by Bishop Burbidge. All teens preparing for Confirmation should be familiar with the information in this packet.
Click the icon button to see the most recent SPONSOR newsletter sent out by email.
Click the icon button to see the most recent newsletter sent out by email.