Welcome to the SJN Confirmation Program for Teens. In general, we begin preparing for Confirmation in the spring of 8th grade for all teens who are eligible for and desire to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Sacrament is then celebrated in the fall of 9th grade.
Information for the upcoming Confirmation Preparation Program has been sent by mail and email for all eligible teens. Please contact Angela Davis (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Below is information for those who are registered in the Teen Confirmation prep program this year and are planning to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the fall of 2021!
Please be aware the some teens have slightly different requirements, particularly those who were in the HSC (High School Confirmation) class this past year and those who prepared for Confirmation last year but then decided to postpone. Some of the requirements below do not apply to these teens. You can find their specific calendar lists below (at the very bottom). Please contact us if you are unsure or have any questions.
Important Information and Updates:
Update on Sponsor Modules – Due to some technical issues, we will not be requiring sponsors to complete modules this year. Instead, they are greatly encouraged to view the Parent Overview of Modules and to then discuss each module with the teen they are sponsoring. Please let your sponsor know!
Sponsor Info Page – Coming soon!
Retreat: “Beginning the Journey
- SIGN UP by May 20th!
- There are a few date options for the retreat, but space is limited so that we can ensure proper social distancing.
- The dates are May 28/May 29, June 11 / June 12, and July 9 / July 10
- Each retreat consists of:
- Friday evening 5:30pm-7:45pm (includes dinner)
- Saturday 9:00am-11:00am (includes a light breakfast)
- All participants are required to bring and properly wear a mask.
Sponsor Certificate of Eligibility
– The deadline for handing in Sponsor Certificates is June 1. Please have your sponsor speak to their parish to obtain this. These can then be mailed, dropped off, or scanned and emailed
back to SJN.
Sponsors must be a practicing Catholic who has received the Sacrament of Confirmation and is at least 16 years of age. A parent may not be a sponsor for their own child.
***If your sponsor is a registered member of St. John Neumann parish, we do NOT need a certificate.***
- Youth need to login into the modules as soon as possible if they have not already done so.
- The first 5 modules are due July 1st.
- Our section code is k99h6hyz
- Usernames and passwords are unique to each youth. For most teens, both their username and password is their first name and their last name combined with no spaces or other symbols (such as hyphens or apostrophes). The password is case sensitive and the first letter of each part of the name is capitalized.
- For example, for the name “Angela Smith-O’Davis”
- The username would be: AngelaSmithODavis
- The password would be: AngelaSmithODavis
- Modules 6-10 are due August 15th.
- Bishop Study Questions should be reviewed multiple times by teens leading up to receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation. These do not need to be memorized, but all teens should be familiar with the material covered in this packet.
- Signup for “Strengthening the Journey” will be available soon. Please complete the signup by September 1st.
- “Strengthening the Journey” will be be an evening event held in the Fall and will have a few options of dates to choose from (most likely weekday evenings towards the end of September). Each teen is required to attend one of these events.
- Rehearsal for Confirmation will be October 21st. Each teen must attend the correct rehearsal with their sponsor. (If sponsors are unavailable, the teen may attend with a parent.)
- Last names beginning A-K: 5:45pm-7:00pm
- Last names beginning L-Z: 7:15pm-8:30pm
- Celebration of Confirmation will be October 23rd.
- Last names beginning A-K: 10am
- Last names beginning L-Z: 2pm
- Mystagogy: “Living the Journey” is a follow-up required for all teens who made Confirmation. This will likely take place in late November.
Important Links and General Info:
Most of these links will be updated soon to reflect information for teens who will be Confirmed in the fall of 2021.
Click the icon button to view the Confirmation Prep Calendar, which lists all the required events, meetings, and preparation. Please be aware that some of these may change depending on the current status of the Pandemic and general public health. See the email newsletters and the information above for any updates.
Click the icon button to complete the online Candidate Commitment Form. This was due to be completed by May 1st. It will remain open for a short period of time.
Teens, click the icon button to login to the module learning program Called to Mercy. See above for login information.
Click the icon button to see brief and in-depth overviews of each module.
SPONSORS: We are not requiring you to complete modules this year. Please instead watch the overview videos and discuss with your teen.
Click the icon button to study the questions given to us by Bishop Burbidge. This does not need to be memorized, but all teens preparing for Confirmation should be familiar with the information in this packet.
Click the icon button to complete the Saint Name Form (this should ONLY be done AFTER completing the 5th module in Called to Mercy)
Click the icon button to sign up for a Confirmation Retreat: “Beginning the Journey.”
COMING SOON!!! Click the icon button to sign up for a “Strengthening the Journey,” a Confirmation prep evening.
COMING SOON!!! Click the icon button to view the Sponsor info page.
Click the icon button to see the most recent newsletter sent out by email.
HSC (High School Confirmation Group) ONLY – Click the icon button to view the Confirmation Prep Calendar, which lists all the required events, meetings, and preparation SPECIFICALLY for the HSC group.
Postponed from Last Year ONLY – Click the icon button to view the Confirmation Prep Calendar, which lists all the required events, meetings, and preparation SPECIFICALLY for teens who completed the prep program last year but decided to postpone due to the pandemic.