We are a vibrant community of volunteers. In any given year, over 650 volunteers give over 18,700 service hours in support of our Faith Formation program. Over 2,000 respond to opportunities to server parishioners and outreach activities and give another 22,500 service hours. Many volunteers participate in more than one activity.
The following are a few examples of the ways volunteers serve fellow parishioners:
• Bringing the Eucharist to the homebound — approximately 3000 home visits by 55 volunteers.
• Lifting up the needs of those asking for prayer during the daily Prayer Chain — over 20 volunteers.
• Assisting with hosting funeral receptions in the Brown-McCarthy Auditorium
• Coordinating wedding ceremonies and rehearsals
• Assisting in Faith Formation Activities
• Making of Baptismal garments for newborns — two volunteers make all the garments used in a year.
In a given year, volunteers give over 41,000 service hours to approximately 26,500 individuals, of which an estimated 8,200 are not members of our faith community. They are primarily the poor and needy living in and around Reston.
If you would like to volunteer, please take a look through our Ministry Lead and Contact guide!