All in-person events are subject to change during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Todas las actividades en persona están sujeto a cambios durante la pandemia de COVID-19.
How to report abuse
Find a virtual victim/survivor support group
In response to the summer 2018 revelations about clerical sexual abuse and the listening session held at St. John Neumann Catholic Community on Sept. 27, 2018, a parish ACTION group was formed. The name was taken from the following goals:
- ONgoing reform
Our mission encompasses:
- Supporting the survivors of clerical abuse
- Educating ourselves and our parish to the issues involved in this crisis
- Advocating for meaningful laity involvement at all levels of the church hierarchy to ensure accountability and transparency
ACTION meets the first and third Thursdays of the month at 7 p.m. via Zoom. RSVP to email@example.com to participate.
Read the Statement from the Oblate Priests of St. John Neumann on the sexual abuse crisis
Read the SJN ACTION statement about composer David Haas
Virtual Victim/Survivor Support Group
For those who have experienced sexual abuse by clergy or others as a child or vulnerable adult
This is an independent, volunteer-based peer support group (not a therapy group) facilitated by Angie Boggs and is open to anyone who participates in a faith community and anyone who does not.
Angie is a Catholic laywoman and circle keeper. She is a bioethicist and board-certified chaplain experienced in addressing secondary traumatic distress and moral distress in a large health system. Angie is a participant in the STAR (strategies for trauma awareness and resilience) program at Eastern Mennonite University and a participant in a survivor support group sponsored by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. Angie is a member of the St. John Neumann parish ACTION group committed to advocacy and reform.
If you are interested in participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All emails and group participation and discussions are held in confidence.
Other Virtual Victim/Survivor Support Groups
- Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis–sponsored support groups, facilitated by Paula Kaempffer, outreach coordinator for restorative justice and abuse prevention: archspm.org/restorative-justice-groups
- Two independent support groups, facilitated by Jim Richter, M.D., based in the Twin Cities area
- “All Are Welcome Survivors Meeting”, third Wednesday of each month, 6:30-8 p.m. Central Time
- “Men’s Group”, fourth Wednesday of each month, 6:30-8 p.m. Central Time
- Awake Milwaukee (contact Sara Larson): awakemilwaukee.org/for-survivors
- Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP): snapnetwork.org/snap_locations
- Maria Goretti Network: mgoretti.org/chapter
- In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Tom Tharayil serves as a resource to victims/survivors; learn more about how the archdiocese is keeping children and youth safe during the COVID-19 pandemic