How to Report Abuse:
- If an Emergency, call 911
- Fairfax County Police: (703) 691-2131
- Social Services Hotline: (703) 324-7400
- Arlington County: Police: (703) 558-2222
- Child Protective Services Hotline – (703) 228-1500
- Victim’s Assistance for the Diocese of Arlington: Frank Moncher, 703-841-2530, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Victim’s Assistance for the Oblates of St. Francis de Sales: Kate McCauley, LCSW, 571-766-6840
St. John Neumann ACTION
In response to the Summer of 2018 revelations about clerical sexual abuse and the Listening Session held at St. John Neumann Catholic Community on September 27, 2018, a parish ACTION group was formed. Our name was taken from the following goals:
Advocacy Change Transparency Inclusion ONgoing reform
Our mission encompasses:
- Supporting the survivors of clerical abuse
- Educating ourselves and our parish to the issues involved in this crisis
- Advocating for meaningful laity involvement at all levels of the church hierarchy to ensure accountability and transparency
ACTION Group Activity:
- Letter to US Bishops signed by 600+ SJN parishioners
- Hear “Parishioners’ Power in the Sex Abuse Crisis” as a homily by Fr. Gerard McGlone, S.J., Ph.D., previous SJN ACTION program speaker, 01/31/19.
- What can I do?
- See all past SJN ACTION Initiatives.
- August 20, 2018: Letter from Pope Francis
- Fr. Gerard McGlone, S.J., Ph.D., recommended readings on Sexual Abuse Crisis.
- Protecting God’s Children – Diocese of Arlington
- September 26, 2018: Diocese of Arlington Announces Review of all Clergy Files
- Oblate Provincial Responds to Questions on Healing from Abuse
- August 29, 2018: Bishop Burbidge’s interview on WJLA
- USCCB Office of Child & Youth Protection
- Know the Facts (English); (Spanish)
- Abuse Survivors Speak at Catholic University
- Pope Francis Encourages “Apostolate of Prevention” (English & Spanish)