Middle School Youth Ministry
Branching Out is the Middle School Youth Ministry program at St. John Neumann parish. Branching Out aims to provide a number of opportunities for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders to engage in service-oriented, social, and faith-growing experiences to complement the Rooted program. As we become more ROOTED in our faith, we are called to BRANCH OUT as Christ’s hands in the world around us.
Please contact Angela Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
ADULT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Calendar at a Glance:
This list is updated regularly so please check back often! Scroll down to register and for more information on these events.
- January 21 – Black Panther Online Movie Night hosted by the SJN Racial Justice Ministry.
- January 23 – Dinner and Adoration (part of the parish 40-Hour Devotional)
- June 27-July 1 – Branching Out WEEK!!!
- July 31-August 6 – EDGE Camp!!!
Youth Looking to Volunteer:
There are often opportunities for youth to serve the SJN community. Here is where you can find more information and sign up to help!
UPCOMING EVENTS AND INFORMATION:
Please be aware that properly worn masks and keeping a social distance of at least 3 feet are our general standards. However some protocols may vary depending on the nature of the event.
Full and partial scholarships are available for most events, contact Angela to inquire.
Friends from outside the parish are often welcome, contact Angela to inquire.
EDGE Camp – Summer 2022
SPACE IS STILL AVAILABLE!!!
- Dates: July 31-August 6 (2022)
- Departure time on July 31 is TBD – We will likely leave very early in the morning from the SJN parking lot OR we will leave in the late evening from another location about 30 min to an hour away. This will be worked out far in advance but is somewhat dependent on numbers.
- Return time will be either very late on August 6 or very very early (like 2am) on August 7. This will depend on many factors that cannot be determined ahead of time. We will keep you updated with our ETA along the way.
- Registration Dates: Registration is closed. It is likely we will be able to accommodate additional youth, so please contact Angela (email@example.com) as soon as possible if you are interested in joining us. Space is limited!
- Cost: $850
- $0 due for Pre-Registration
- $100 due at Registration
- $500 ($600 total) due by Feb 25
- $250 ($850 total) due by April 25
- Who: All CURRENT 5th-8th graders who are members of SJN. Space may be available for non-SJN youth upon request.
- Location: Dahlonega, GA
- Transportation: We will drive down in rented vehicles or take a private bus (this will depend on numbers). The cost of transportation is included in the price listed above.
Dinner and Adoration
- Date: January 23
- Time: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- 6:00pm – Dinner for 6th-12th Graders in the Youth Room
- 7:00pm – Adoration in the Church for everyone!
- Where: Youth Room and then the Church
- Registration Dates: CLICK HERE!
- Cost: Free!
Online Movie Night: Black Panther
- Date: January 21
- Time: 6:30pm
- Where: Zoom
- Rating: PG13; Parents, here are some resources to help determine if this movie will be appropriate for your youth:
- Registration Dates: NOW through January 20th – CLICK HERE!
- Cost: Free!
Branching Out WEEK! – Summer 2022
Join us for a week of fun, service, outings, faith, and friendship!
- Dates: June 27 – July 1
- Time: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Participants are welcome to arrive as early as 8:30am with prior notice.
- There will likely be one day when everyone must arrive earlier for a potential outing.
- Friday will likely end with an ice cream social for families and friends.
- Registration period: now-April 1 CLICK HERE (space may become limited)
- Cost: $250 (full and partial scholarships may be available) (this cost includes all activities, fees, food, and transportation for outings)
- Who: All current 5th-8th graders. (If you would like to request to invite a friend/guest from outside the parish please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Service Hours: Youth will complete at least 10 hours of service during Branching Out Week.
- Itinerary: An official itinerary will be published closer to the event week. The week will likely include three outings, one for fun, one for faith, and one for service! We will also do activities and service at the church.
- Location: SJN will be our primary location.
- Transportation: We will transport to outings using a private bus service such as Chariots for Hire.
On Going Events and Groups:
Check back for updates on our ongoing events/groups later this week!
- Registration Period: Registration is now closed. Please email Angela to inquire about joining.
- Dates: Meetings are planned for the following Sundays – 10/17, 10/24, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 12/5, 12/12, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 4/10, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 6/5
- Time: 10:45am-12:00pm
- Location: SJN Youth Room
- Cost: $50 (scholarship discounts available upon request)
- Who: All rising 6th-8th graders (Friends from outside the parish are welcome.)
- Covid Protocols: At this time, masks are required (regardless of vaccination status) except while eating.
- Dates: Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 9 (More dates are being planned for the Spring.)
- Time: 5:30pm-7:00pm
- Location: We will meet in the Youth Room (downstairs, next to B6) for pizza and preparation at 5:30pm and then move to the Chapel around 6:00pm for Eucharistic Adoration with praise and worship music.
- Registration: Sign up for the November date so that we know how many people to expect. Future sign-ups will be shared soon.
- Cost: FREE! (includes pizza)
- Who: All 6th-12th graders. Friends/guests from outside the parish are welcome! (Everyone should complete the sign-up so that we can order the correct amount of pizza.)
- Covid Protocols: Masks are required except when eating.
Parents, sign up your youth for Nov 11 HERE!
Here are some plans in the works for this Fall that do not yet have a flyer or further information published above:
- Our parish is doing a 40-Hours Devotion in January which will include a youth focused hour of Adoration on January 23rd at 7:00pm which will like include dinner before hand.
- We would love to offer a Boys Group and an alternative day/time for a Girls Group, but we need more leaders. Parents or other adults, please email Angela if you are interested or have any questions about becoming a leader.
- Another Branching Out Week is planned for the summer, date TBD. We will let you know once a date is chosen and confirmed.
- Other events will be added so keep a look out!
Check out these photos and videos from past Branching Out events:
Branching Out WEEK – July 2021
JUMP Into Summer Event – June 2021
Upper Room Zoom – April/May 2021