Saint John Neumann Catholic Church will have a custodial position opening on Monday, January 10, 2022. This is a full-time, forty-hours per week position, from 1:00pm to 8:00pm, Monday-Friday. This position includes sick, vacation, Medical, and Dental benefits. Please send all inquiries and/or resumes to Patty Kwapniewski, at email@example.com.
– Ability to follow written and oral directions in English.
– Proper equipment selection skills to perform tasks effectively.
– Knowledge of effective cleaning supplies for varied tasks.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Help to maintain the St John Neumann facility by cleaning the church, chapel, common areas, restrooms, auditorium, kitchen, classrooms and individual staff offices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Clean church and chapel sanctuary, including pews, floors, altar, and baptismal font.
– Clean auditorium, classrooms and all common areas by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming.
– Understand what chemicals are to be used for what type of cleaning or disinfectant of surfaces should also read labels of chemicals to understand the ratio of chemical to water.
– Read and understand the SDS (MSDS) sheets for whatever material is used.
– Wash windows in all the common areas.
– Clean, service and supply restrooms.
– Steam clean carpets.
– Strip and wax floors of the auditorium, hallways and classrooms as required.
– Empty trash receptacles in all offices and common areas and dispose of the recyclable properly.
– After rain do an inspection of facility, checking for any signs of leaks.
– Perform setup and tear down for special events in the auditorium and elsewhere.
– Perform classroom setup and furniture realignment as required
– Launder kitchen towels and table cloths and skirts.
– Perform additional tasks as assigned by supervisor.