Coordinator of Children’s Faith Formation (Pre-K-5th Grade)
St. John Neumann Parish Community is an active faith community served by the Oblates of St. Francis De Sales. St. John Neumann Mission Statement: “We, the faithful of Saint John Neumann Catholic Community, commit ourselves to celebrating and giving witness to the presence of God in our midst by living the Gospel to its fullest. We strive to do all things in the spirit of St. Francis de Sales with compassion, humility, and gentleness.” The Coordinator of Children’s Faith Formation (Pre-K-5th Grade) serves the parish mission of catechesis through relationships and programs which foster growth in faith, sacramental preparation, communal belonging, and outreach opportunities. The Coordinator of Children’s Faith Formation reports to the Director of Faith Formation and is expected to work closely with the Faith Formation Team. This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend hours are to be expected. Salary is commensurate with level of education and experience.
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Education, Theology, or Pastoral Studies
- Two years’ experience in Parish Catechetical ministry preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the Faith Formation team and parish staff
- Effective written and oral communication skills for work with parents, catechists and parish staff
- Strong public speaking skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and internet
Job description upon request. Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is 15-18 hrs/week and is being hired to begin in August 2021.
Purpose of the Position: Under the supervision of the Director of Music, is responsible for clerical office support to the Director of Music. Assists in liturgy planning and execution, especially music aspects. Maintains music library.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Publish music menus for weekly and special liturgies, distribute menus along with updates when necessary to all music ministers involved in liturgies.
- Publish Sunday and seasonal worship aids.
- Answer and handle music department phone calls and email.
- Contact assigned cantors, assuring they have current music menu and any octaval music, are aware that they are scheduled, and, if needed, assist in scheduling rehearsals with accompanists assigned to the same Mass.
- Prepare piano and instrument binders as well as choir binders as needed.
- Set up number boards for coming weekend Masses. Notify various choir directors of changes they may need to make before or after their Mass.
- Organize and maintain music library, including: counting, cataloguing, numbering, filing and maintaining an active computerized inventory of all music, both vocal and instrumental.
- Purchase music at the direction of the DM, keep track of orders.
- Maintain records of copyright permissions and ensure compliance.
- Update information for music ministers in the parish database.
- Assist DM in communicating with music ministers.
- Assist Liturgy Coordinator in the scheduling of music ministry volunteers.
- Act as back-up to Liturgy Coordinator in her absence.
- Ability to cant and/or play keyboard for Masses is a plus.
- Knowledge of music, musical instruments and instrumentation, basics of choir direction, public relations. Have up-to-date knowledge of the basics of liturgy and liturgical music.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Access, Word.
- Ability to work under pressure, willingness to adjust work hours accordingly.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and to motivate music ministers.
- Ability to motivate the congregation to prayer through liturgical music.
- It is preferable to have considerable music training and/or experience in liturgical music.
- Experience in office administration would be a plus, as would computer operating systems training/experience.
- Preference given to those who can serve as cantor or accompanist for Masses and other liturgies as needed.