St. John Neumann is excited to hold its annual truck or treat event on Saturday, Oct. 30, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Due to CDC recommendations, the logistics for this event will be different compared to previous years to keep everyone safe.
This event will be outside in the main SJN parking lot, rain or shine (canceled for heavy rain), with a one-way route where children will pick up individually wrapped goodie bags. Families will have staggered arrival times. If you or anyone in your household feels sick or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please do not attend the trunk or treat, even if you have already signed up. Contact Mickie Abatemarco, SJN director of faith formation, at (703) 390-2340 or email@example.com if you need to cancel.
A trunk or treat is similar to traditional trick or treating except children stop at decorated vehicle trunks instead of going door to door.
Information for Volunteers
Members of the parish who wish to volunteer to be a “trunk” can sign up by Oct. 22. Volunteers will:
- Decorate the trunk of their car, van, or truck
- Provide an individually wrapped goodie bag for each child (bags will be on tables between cars, not handed out or in trunks)
- Stay for the entire length of the event including setup and breakdown time
- Follow COVID-19 safety precautions keeping social distancing, and potentially wearing gloves
[Insert button to sign up to be a trunk]
Information for Families
The deadline to sign up is Oct. 28. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Families will:
- Follow a one-way trick or treating route
- Pick up individually wrapped goodie bags from each stop along the route (bags will be on tables between cars, not handed out or in trunks)
- Follow COVID-19 safety precautions and keeping social distancing (adults are responsible for keeping family groups separated by at least 6 feet)
themed cloth mask.”